Wednesday 15 August 2012

America is what it seams




When I was younger I used to travel everywhere with my parents but over past years I haven’t.  The first time I went overseas without my parents I was 11. Although parents were in the same country at the time I never saw them until I got back in Australia. Last year I went to Sweden, Norway and Denmark, without my parents. While I was over there I met some of the most amazing people ever, and I am still friends with them today.

I also went to America at the beginning of the year, again without my parents, but with a group of kids my age from Canberra. When I was there I spent a 10 days with a host family. It was kind of what I expected which is  strange because I was expecting kind of like what it’s like in movies, even though everyone says it’s not.  Everything that happened seemed so unrealistic or what happens in movies.  One thing that I found hard whilst I was over there was the time I had to be at school every day… 7:30 in the morning! I’m hardly out of bed then. And every one at school looked flawless!

What was wonderful though was the price of everything. I was super cheap and probably explain how everyone there could afford to look so good every day.  But seriously, some of the prices for things were messed up. The one time I went to Mac Donald’s over there a small drink was $1.50 but a large was $0.78 (and you have to pay exactly seventy-eight cents, none of the rounding up business). Irrespective it was still a brilliant trip and I wouldn’t trade it for the world.

1 comment:

  1. I wish I could go to America too, and go shopping and eat tons of food. I'm guessing you did, I bet it was tons of fun :)

    ReplyDelete