Monday 13 August 2012


Most people my age are lucky to have gone overseas once. I however have been to around 10 different countries (some more than once) in the last six years alone. I think that it’s sad that some people refuse to travel overseas because they don’t see the point or because they think that they will die from a terrorist attack or a plane crash. By traveling overseas not only do you get to see how different cultures do things differently to you but you also see just how similar they are to your own.

My parents have always travelled and were keen to get me and my sister to travel as well. The first time I went overseas I hadn’t yet had my first birthday. But I have just travelled overseas; my parents have taken me and my sister around Australia, sometimes in unusual ways.  I hope that I can continue this as I get older and more independent. 

As I mentioned before , the first time I went overseas I wants even one,  and obviously I can’t remember it so I don’t  really count it. The first time I remember going overseas I was 10, we went to England and I remember that I started to count down the weeks from like 30 weeks before we left.  The funny thing is I was so excited during the time that we were there that I’m not even sure what countries and cities we went to. I know we went to England, Sweden, Norway and the Netherlands    but we went back to the U.K.  But I’m not sure where. We could have been in France for all I knew.


Now that I think about it, had my sister and I been two years younger or older we probably wouldn’t have gone, because two or so weeks before my mum, my sister and I left; my dad went to France to walk around Mount Blanc with some firendsand then joined us in Amsterdam (the Netherlands) and quite literally as soon as he joined us, mum left to go to a conference in Germany or something. So really my sister and I were only there because my parents already needed to be over there and were too nice to leave us at home!

No comments:

Post a Comment